NEW LONDON, Conn. – The Wesleyan University women's outdoor track & field team competed at the two-day Silfen Invitational this weekend, hosted by Connecticut College, and finished sixth overall out of 19 teams. The field consisted of Division II and Division III programs.
Result: 6th of 19 (61 points)
Location: New London, Conn.
Top-Three: 1. Tufts (143.5), 2. Assumption (95), 3. Wellesley (88)
- Alexis Walker '16 finished fourth in the 100 meter dash with a mark of 12.57.
- In the 200 meter dash, Jenny Aguiar '19 crossed the finish line in 26.31 to claim sixth overall. Aguiar also took third place in the 400 meter with a mark of 59.17, while Alexandra Dibrindisi '19 took eighth in 1:02.08.
- Molly Schassberger '17 finished eighth overall in the 5,000 meter run as she crossed the finish line in 17:32.56, while teammates Caroline Elmendorf '17 ran 17:47.49, and Julia Mitchell '19 narrowly missed the 18-minute barrier with her 18:00.41. All three ran personal record times, and qualified for DIII's and ECAC's. Schassberger and Elmendorf are also qualified for Open New England's. Schassberger's time is currently No. 20 in the country for Division III women, while Elmendorf's is No. 46.
- In the 400 meter hurdle, Hannah Goodman '16 took sixth with a mark of 1:12.23.
- The Cardinals performed exceptionally well in relay races, as the 4x100 squad took third in 50.64, the 4x400 team finished third in 4:09.87, and the 4x800 relay placed second in 9:50.28.
- Allegra Fils-Aime '19 highlighted the meet for the Cardinals as she took home first overall in the triple jump, which consisted of 22 athletes. Fils-Aime took the title with a jump of 11.16 meters.
- In the pole vault, Colleen O'Neil '18 tied for sixth-place, with two others, with a leap of 2.75 meters.
- The Cardinals return to the track Saturday, April 23 for the J. Elmer Swanson Invitational, hosted by Wesleyan. The meet is scheduled to start at 11 a.m.