AMHERST, Mass.- The Wesleyan University women's track and field team placed seventh amongst the 11 teams competing in the NESCAC Championships, which were held today at Amherst College.
Result: 7th place
Location: Amherst, Mass.
- In the 10,000 meter run, junior Molly Schassberg finished third overall with a time of 37:12.74 to highlight the day for Wesleyan in track events.
- Christina Hebner '17 placed seventh in the 3,000 meter steeplechase with a mark of 11:32.56.
- The 4x100 meter relay team of Jenny Aguiar '19, Ellie Martin '16, Allegra Fils-Aime '19 and Alexis Walker '16 claimed fifth in 49.34.
- In the 4x400 relay, the squad of Aguiar, Alexandra Dibrindisi '19, Hannah Goodman '16 and Aida Julien '18 claimed third in 3:59.69.
- In her first NESCAC Outdoor Championship of her collegiate career, Julia Mitchell claimed ninth overall in the 1,500 meter run.
- Kiley Kennedy '16 highlighted the day for Wesleyan in field events and finished secAlexis Walkern the pole vault with a mark of 3.35m.
- Alexis Walker '16 and Katie Maehl '19 claimed seventh and eighth in the long jump, respectively. Walker recorded a leap of 5.30m and Maehl registered a mark of 5.27m.
- In the high jump, Maehl placed seventh overall with a mark of 1.58m, and Fils-Aime took seventh in the triple jump with a leap of 10.94m.
Wesleyan returns to the track this weekend for the two-day New England DIII Championships.