Event: Tufts Stampede Invitational
Location: Medford, Mass. (Gantcher Center)
Date: Saturday, 28th
The Lead: The Wesleyan University women's track and field team put together impressive performances at the Tufts Stampede on Saturday.
- Rhoen Fiutak '19 finished the mile run in 5:18.72 which gave her third place overall and qualifies her for the Division III New England Championships. Her time also was a new personal record, knocking 10 seconds off her previous personal best time in the mile.
- In the 400-yard dash, sophomore Jenny Aguiar '19 finished third as she crossed the line in 58.83. She also finished third in the 200-meter dash with a mark of 26.56.
- Isabella Reilly '19 and Nikita Rajgopal '17 finished seventh and eighth in the 800-meter run with times of 2:26.24 and 2:27.99 respectively.
- Molly Schassberger '17 won the 5,000 meter run as she crossed the line in 17:50.48. With that time she is qualified for both the DIII and Open New England Championships. Caroline Elmendorf '17 finished sixth with a time of 18:19.20 and also qualified for both championships.
- Katie Maehl '19 finished third in the long jump with a mark of 4.85m.
- Casey Rothschild '20 came in sixth in the long jump with a score of 4.75m.
- The Cardinals are back on the track Saturday, February 4th as they will host the Wesleyan Invitational at Bacon Field House. Events are scheduled to begin at 10 a.m.