Results: 15th of 29
Location: Cambridge, Mass. (MIT – Johnson Athletic Center)
Invitational: New England Division III Championships
Date: February 17-18th
The Lead: The Wesleyan University women's track and field team used many strong finished by its athletes to finish 15th of 29 teams competing at the New England Division III Championships, which were held on the MIT campus this weekend.
- Jenny Aguiar '19 crossed the line in the 400-meter race with a time of 58.58 which was good enough for third place. Teammate Alex Dibrindisi '19 came in 14th with her time of 1:00.62.
- In the 1,000-meter event, Claudia Schatz '19 finished sixth with a time of 3:03.40, which is a five second PR and earned her All New England honros and qualifies her for the Open New England Championships. Nikita Rajgopal '17 crossed the time in tenth with a mark of 3:07.25.
- Molly Schassberger '17 earned a fifth place finish in the 3,000-meter race with a time of 10:16.38. Caroline Elmendorf '17 crossed the line a few spots behind her in seventh with a time of 10:22.50, which is a new personal record time. Both runners earned All New England honors and qualified for the Open New England Championships.
- Aguiar finished the 200-meters with a time of 26.81, which gave her 18th place.
- The Cardinals 4 x 800 relay team finished in 9:54.06, which was good enough for 11th.
- Wesleyans 4,000-meter DMR team finished seventh with their time of 12:45.25. The team, which earned All New England honors with their finish, was made up of Rhoen Fiutak '19, Isabella Reilly '19, Sylwia Lipior '18 and Julia Mitchell '19.
- Katie Maehl '19 earned a mark of 1.56m in the high jump, which gave her 13th place. Tara Peng '20 finished with a mark of 1.51m which was good enough for 17th.
- Casey Rothschild '20 notched a tenth place finish in the triple jump with her mark of 10.78m.
- Qualified athletes will participate in the Open New England Championships next weekend (Fri. Feb 24- Sat. Feb. 25) at Boston University.