Score: Individual Results
Location: Middletown, Conn. (Bacon Field House)
Invitational: Wesleyan Spring Classic
Date: Saturday, March 25th
The Lead: The Wesleyan University women's track & field team opened up its outdoor season with six event wins at the Wesleyan Spring Classic on Saturday afternoon.
- Jenny Aguiar '19 won the 800-meter run as she clocked in with a time of 2:29.78.
- The Cardinals dominated the 1,500-meter run as Julia Mitchell '19 claimed the top spot with a mark of 4:52.58, while Joie Akerson '17 (5:06.24), Isabella Reilly '19 (5:06.26), Sylwia Lipior '18 (5:08.05), Sara Pinsonault '20 (5:09.43) and Christina Hebner '17 (5:10.76) claimed 3rd-7th place. Freshman Rosie Skovron also earned a ninth place finish with a time of 5:13.61.
- In the high jump, Katie Maehl '19 won with a mark of 1.58m while Tara Peng '20 finished third with a score of 1.48m.
- Wesleyan took the top three spots in the pole vault thanks to Casey Rothschild '20 (3.10m), Colleen O'Neill '18 (2.80m) and Peng (2.80m).
- The triple jump event belonged to Rothschild, who finished first with a jump of 11.02m.
- Caroline Diemer '18 won the weight throw with a score of 13.12m and finished second in the shot put with a throw of 9.92m.
- Maehl also finished fourth in the long jump with a mark of 4.86m.
- The Cardinals return to action on Saturday, April 1st as they will participate in the USCGA Invitational.