Score: 8 of 10 teams
Location: Amherst, Mass. (Pratt Field)
Invitational: Amherst Spring Fling
Date: Saturday, April 8th
The Lead: Competing in their first true outdoor meet of the season, the Wesleyan University women's track and field team finished with strong results.
- The 4x400 relay team of Jenny Aguiar '19, Alex Dibrindisi '19, Isabella Reilly '19 and Tess Holland '19 finished first with their time of 4:07.74.
- Caroline Elmendorf '17 earned a 10th place finish in the 1,500 meter run as she crossed the line in 4:55.16.
- The 800-meter run saw Isabella Reilly '19 claim fifth with a time of 2:21.79 and Nikita Rajgopal '17 cross the line in seventh with a mark of 2:25.14.
- Aguiar took home sixth in the 200-meter dash while Dibrindisi finished eighth with times of 26.72 and 27.07 respectively.
- Katie Maehl '19 finished in fourth in the long jump event with a mark of 5.09m. She also earned a sixth place finish in the high jump with a score of 1.48m, and a fourth place finish in the long jump (5.09m).
- In the pole vault, Tara Peng '20 took home fifth as she cleared 2.60m.
- Caroline Diemer '18 placed third in the shot put event with her throw od 11.16m.
HEAD COACH WALTER CURRY:
- "Even with high winds and chilly temperatures in the morning, several athletes met qualifying standards for not only the NESCAC Conference meet at the end of April, but also the NE Div. III Championships in May."
- "The good accomplishment from today's meet will strengthen the confidence of those athletes who were able to over come the elements and serve as extra motivation for those who didn't meet their own expectations at this competition."
- The Cardinals will next compete in the Connecticut College Invitational, which will be held from Friday, April 14th - Saturday April 15th.