Score: Individual Results
Location: Middletown, Conn. (Anderson Outdoor Track)
Invitational: J. Elmer Swanson Invitational
Date: Saturday, April 22
The Lead: The Wesleyan University women's track and field team put together many strong finishes in the J. Elmer Swanson Invitational on Saturday.
- Allegra Fils-Aime '19 won the 200-meter run with a time of 26.55.
- The Cardinals claimed the top two spots in the 400-meter run as Jenny Aguiar '19 finished first with a mark of 58.32 and Alex Dibrindisi '19 crossed the line in second in 59.95.
- Junior Sylwia Lipior won the 800-meter run with a time of 2:23.23. Claudia Schatz '19 and Nikita Rajgopal '17 earned third and fourth place finishes with marks of 2:23.90 and 2:24.30 respectively.
- Wesleyan took home the top six spots in the 1,500-meter run thanks to Julia Mitchell '19 (4:54.77), Isabella Reilly '19 (5:08.26), Sara Pinsonault '20 (5:08.79), Rosie Skovron '20 (5:09.42), Carina Flaherty '19 (5:10.63) and Katie Scruggs '17 (5:11.00).
- Freshmen Tara Peng and Jordan Dunaway-Barlow claimed third and fourth in the high jump with marks of 1.45m.
- Casey Rothschild '20 won the pole vault event with a mark of 3.20m while Peng finished second as she cleared 2.95m.
HEAD COACH WALTER CURRY:
- "The unpredictable weather did not make things easy, but the Wesleyan athletes were able to focus enough to run and jump for some of their top performances of the spring season."
- "The strong performances in wet conditions is a good confidence builder going into the NESCAC conference meet on April 29th at Bowdoin College in Brunswick, Maine."
- The Cardinals take the track next at the NESCAC Championships, which will be held on Saturday, April 29th at Bowdoin. The events are scheduled to begin at 9 a.m.