Score: Individual Results
Location: Williamstown, Mass. (Williams College)
Invitational: New England Division III Championships
Date: May 5-6
The Lead: Members of the Wesleyan University women's track & field team participated in the New England Division III Championships, which were held on the campus of Williams College.
- Jenny Aguiar '19 earned a third place finish in the 400-meter dash as she crossed the line in 56.93.
- The Cardinals 4x800 meter relay team of Sylwia Lipior '18, Rhoen Fiutak '19, Isabella Reilly '19 and Claudia Schatz '19 finished in fifth place with a mark of 9:35.16.
- Katie Maehl '19 placed 16th in the high jump with a mark of 1.50m.
- The pole vault event saw Tara Peng '20 notch a 15th place finish as she cleared 3.07m.
- Casey Rothschild '20 claimed sixth in the triple jump with a mark of 11.42m, which is a new school record.
- In the shot put, Caroline Diemer '18 finished 18th with a throw of 10.91m.
HEAD COACH WALTER CURRY:
- "The overall effort of the athletes that qualified and competed today was very strong and the level of competition was off the charts."
- "We hope to do the same in the next two weeks when we enter athletes in the Open New England Championships and the MIT Last Chance Meet for NCAA qualification."
- "The performances today at Williams College were extremely good considering the weather conditions."
- Qualified athletes will return to the track to compete in the Open New England Championships, which will be held May 11-13 on the campus of Williams College.