STATEN ISLAND, N.Y. – Sophomores Sara Pinsonault and Rosie Skovron of the Wesleyan University women's track & field team finished ninth and 14th overall, respectively, during the 3,000-meter run at the Fastrack National Invite on Friday at the Ocean Breeze Athletic Complex in Staten Island, N.Y.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Junior Katie Maehl registered a strong effort during the high jump, posting a mark of 1.55m, which put her in a tie for 17th overall.
- Junior Alex Dibrindisi, who hails from Leeds, Massachusetts, continues to be an impressive performer for the squad, as she grabbed a 28th-place finish with a time of 26.98 during the 200m.
- Senior Sylwia Lipior competed well against a great deal of competition in the 800m, earning 28th-place honors with a time of 2:25.60. The Springfield, Mass. native trimmed 0.85 seconds off her performance in the same event during the Wesleyan Indoor Invitational on Feb. 3, as she placed third overall during that meet.
- Back on Jan. 27, junior Julia Mitchell finished fourth overall during the 1-mile run with a time of 5:12.23 during the Branwen Smith-King Invitational. The Bellevue, Wash. native, who is always improving either on the track or during cross country season, ran the mile in a time of 5:05.34 on Friday, which put her in the 27th slot.
- In the weight throw event, senior Caroline Diemer represented the Cardinals, recording a 29th-place effort with a mark of 12.53.
- The Cardinals will compete in the New England Division III Championship on Feb. 16-17, with events starting at 11 a.m. on both days.