SPRINGFIELD, Mass. – Junior Jenny Aguiar of the Wesleyan University women's track & field team placed first overall in the 600-meter run with a time of 1:37.15 at the New England Division III Championship on Saturday at Springfield College, as the Cardinals placed eighth overall with 34 team points.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Freshman star Ivie Uzamere continued her exceptional rookie season, earning runner-up honors in the shot put (12.56) and the weight throw (17.13).
- During the 1-mile run, junior Julia Mitchell represented Wesleyan and finished seventh overall, clocking a time of 5:11.06.
- The Cardinals finished third overall out of 20 teams during the 4x400m relay, as juniors Alex Dibrindisi, Allegra Fils-Aime and Aguiar, along with senior Ananya Subrahmanian and freshman Julia Cella compiled a time of 4:02.28.
- Senior Tess Holland and freshman Isis Gaddy competed alongside Dibrindisi, Cella and Subrahmanian during the 4x200m relay, as the group earned a ninth-place finish with a time of 1:48.94.
- Sophomore Sara Pinsonault was the 13th-place performer during the 5,000m, as the Sparta, N.J. native recorded a time of 18:32.47.
- Other noteworthy performances for Wesleyan included senior Sylwia Lipior (800m, 2:28.03), freshman Isobel Wright (high jump, 1.50), junior Katie Maehl (high jump, 1.50), Cella (400m, 1:02.04), freshman Camille Balicki (shot put, 9.55) and senior Caroline Diemer (weight throw, 12.21).
- The Cardinals will compete in the Fast Track Last Chance meet on Feb. 24 (4 p.m.) at the Ocean Breeze Athletic Complex in Staten Island, N.Y.