MIDDLETOWN, Conn. – Ivie Uzamere of the Wesleyan women's track and field team broke the school record in the hammer on Saturday, as the Cardinals hosted the J. Elmer Swanson Classic. Uzamere's personal best throw of 50.98m broke the previous school record of 50.70m that stood since 2014.
- Sara Pinsonault was the lone competitor in the 3,000m steeplechase, clocking in at 11:27.07.
- In the 400m, Becky Lopez-Anido placed first with a time of 1:01.12, while Julia Mitchell came in first in the 800m with a personal best time of 2:22.25.
- Wesleyan's Tara Peng and Shannon Sweeney placed first and second, respectively, in the pole vault with marks of 3.10m and 2.35m.
- Uzamere also placed first in the discus with a personal best mark of 26.72m and earned runner-up accolades in the shot with a mark of 9.22m.
- Jenny Aguiar raced to first-place in the 200m, crossing the finish in 26.13.
- Other runner-up performances included Caelan Campbell in the 100m (13.09) and Claudia Schatz in the 800m (2:22.44).
- Third place finishes came from Tara Peng in the triple jump (9.51m), Madeline Nagler in the 1,500m (5:24.87), Allegra Fils-Aime in the long jump (4.98m) and Rhoen Fiutak in the 800m (2:22.73).
- The Cardinals head to Middlebury for the NESCAC Championship on Saturday.