WILLIAMSTOWN, Mass. – The Wesleyan University volleyball team extended its win streak to six as it swept Little Three rival Williams College on Friday night in its NESCAC opener, 3-0. The Cardinals are now 6-0 overall this season with six sweeps, and 1-0 in league play. The Ephs drop to 2-4 following the loss, and 0-1 in the NESCAC.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Wesleyan edged Williams in the opening two sets, 26-24 and 28-26, before cruising to a 25-16 match-clinching victory in the third frame.
- The Cardinals trailed early in the first set but rallied for a thrilling win with solid play from Robi Frederick '21 and Madeleine Lundberg '19 down the stretch.
- The second set featured another thriller that went back-and-forth often in the final points, with neither team backing down. Wesleyan eventually won the rally and took a decisive 2-0 lead.
- In the third set, it was all Red & Black as the visitor's pulled away early en route to the 3-0 sweep.
- It is the Wesleyan's second consecutive win against their Little Three foe.
- The Cardinals return to action tomorrow and will play at Hamilton beginning at 1 p.m.