Results: 17th of 42 teams
Invitational: Paul Short Run
Location: Lehigh University (Goodman Campus)
Date: Saturday, October 1st
The Lead: The Wesleyan University women's cross country competed in the Paul Short Run on Saturday afternoon on the campus of Lehigh University, and finished 17th.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Caroline Elmendorf '17 had an excellent run and finished first for the women, clocking 22:10, which is a 25 second improvement on her best time for this course.
- Molly Schassberger '17 ran 22:15 and Julia Mitchell '19 finished third for the Cardinals in her first race of the season with a time of 22:40, a six second improvement over her 2015 time on this course.
- Hannah Gillis '20 had a strong showing in her first 6k, finishing fourth for the women in 23:17.
- Rhoen Fiutak '19 ran 58 seconds faster than last year to finish in 23:24.
- The Cardinals will return to action on Saturday, October 15th as they will host the Little Three Championships. The race is scheduled for a 12 p.m. start.