AMHERST, Mass. – Wesleyan's Julia Mitchell paced the women's cross country team with a first place finish at the Little Three Championship on Saturday. The Cardinals had four runners place in the top 10, which was good for second place at the meet. Williams won the meet with 33 points and a combined-team time of 1:19:19, while Wesleyan was just behind with 36 points and a combined-team time of 1:19:43.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Mitchell completed the 4k course with a time of 15:33.9 which was three seconds ahead of second place finisher Emma Herrmann of Williams.
- Becky Lopez-Anido was the second in for the Cardinals with a time of 15:42.9 which was good for fifth place.
- Rhoen Fiutak (16:04.5) and Sara Pinsonault (16:05.0) pushed each other to seventh and eighth place finishes respectively.
- Emma Trapani clocked a time of 16:22.2 which was good for 15th place overall and was the fifth-best effort on the team.
- Rosie Skovron (16:54.3) and Abigail Pipkin (17:28.8) rounded out the scorers for Wesleyan, placing 22nd and 32nd respectively.
- The Cardinals will travel to Lehigh University on Saturday, September 29th for the Paul Short Run. This will be the 45th year of the event and the women's race will begin at 1:00 p.m.