Score: Hamilton 3, Wesleyan 1
Records: Wesleyan (1-7, 0-4 NESCAC) Hamilton (5-3, 3-2 NESCAC)
Location: Middletown, Conn. (Smith Field)
Date: Saturday, October 1st
Time: 12 p.m.
The Lead: The Wesleyan University field hockey team dropped a tough 3-1 decision to Hamilton College on a cloudy fall afternoon at Smith Field. Cici Frattasio '18 scored the lone goal for the Cardinals, while freshman Delaney Wood made 10 saves in net.
- The Continentals opened the scoring early as Michaela Giuttari deflected in the Margaret Revera pass at 3:44 for the 1-0 lead.
- Hamilton extended their advantage in the second half as Tatiana Bradley set up Sarah Stinebaugh for the goal at 61:25 to give Hamilton the 2-0 advantage.
- The visitors would extend their lead to 3-0 a few minutes later on an Eva Rosencrans goal at 63:11.
- Just under a minute later, Frattasio would take a pass from Abby Warren '19 and put Wesleyan on the board with a beautiful goal at 63:11 to bring the home team to within two.
- That would be all the scoring as the Continentals would claim the 3-1 win.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Hamilton held the advantage in shots at 15-7.
- Penalty corners were about even, with the visitors holding the 7-6 edge.
- Wood made 10 saves in net, while her counterpart, Julia Booth made five.
- The Cardinals are right back it tomorrow, as they will host Roger Williams at 1 p.m.
- The Continentals are also back on the field tomorrow, as they will head to Medford, Mass. to take on No.6 Tufts at 12 p.m.