Score: Middlebury 4, Wesleyan 0
Records: Wesleyan (2-10, 0-7 NESCAC) Middlebury (9-3, 5-3 NESCAC)
Location: Middlebury, Vt. (Kohn Field)
Date: Sunday, October 16th
Time: 12 p.m.
The Lead: The Wesleyan University field hockey team suffered a tough 4-0 loss against the Middlebury Panthers on Sunday afternoon.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The home team got off to a quick start, scoring two goals in the first eight minutes of the game.
- Molly Freeman got the scoring started at 4:37 as she took a Lauren Schweppe pass and found the back of the net for the 1-0 advantage.
- A few minutes later at 8:12 Julia Richards would give Middlebury the 2-0 lead with her first goal of the season.
- The Cardinals defense would hold the Panthers scoreless until late in the first half as Marissa Baker would extend the home team's advantage to three goals with her score at 30:35.
- Freeman would net her second goal of the game at 37:10 to complete the 4-0 Panther victory.
- Claire Edelman '17 made 11 saves in the game for Wesleyan.
- Rachel Pomerantz '20 and Lily Ardente '18 made defensive saves in the match for the Cardinals.
- Wesleyan returns to the field on Wednesday, October 19th as they will host Trinity College for a 6 p.m. contest.
- Middlebury is back in action on Wednesday as will as they will take on Rensselaer at 7 p.m.