Regatta: 52nd Head of the Charles
Result: 21st of 37 in Collegiate 8
Location: Cambridge, Mass. (Charles River)
Date: Sunday, October 23, 2016
Time: 1:15 p.m./3:15 p.m.
The Lead: The Wesleyan University men's crew team competed against boats from Division I, II and III programs Sunday afternoon and finished 21st overall out of 37 teams in the Collegiate Eights at the 52nd Annual Head of the Charles.
- Wesleyan's Varsity 8 boat finished in 16:59.287 and consisted of Harrison Malec '19, Luke Forsthoefel '20, Aviv Preminger '19, Colin Mattox '17, Ben Lynch '19, Sam Pratt '19, Matt DiGiovanni '18, Mike Queenan '17 and coxswain Theo Simko '19.
- Earlier in the day, the Cardinals competed in the Collegiate Fours and finished 13th overall out of 43 teams as they placed in 18:42.542. Wesleyan crossed the finish line ahead of NESCAC foes Bowdoin (14th), Bates (18th) and Colby (20th).
- The team featured Liam Bristol '18, Christopher Wyckoff '18, Jack Sheffer '19, JD Schink '17 and Emma Siegenberg '18.
BEYOND THE RESULTS:
- On Saturday, Oct. 22, Wesleyan crew christened its newest shell, the David Crockett '69. The new Empacher 8 carried the crew to some strong performances in the spring and is the pride of the fleet.
- The Cardinals are back in action Saturday, Oct. 29 and will compete at the Head of the Fish Regatta at Lee's Park in Saratoga Springs, N.Y.