Posted: Apr 07, 2018
WORCESTER, Mass. – Wesleyan University's men's crew claimed second place in the Varsity 8 at the Class of 2003 Cup hosted by WPI on Saturday morning. The race also featured Colby, UMass and Hamilton.
- Wesleyan fought tough in the Varsity 8, registering a time of 6:08.5, within a second of WPI (6:07.6) who took first. UMass finished in third with a mark of 6:12.9.
- In the Second Varsity 8, the Cardinals defeated the field with a time of 6:19.32, ahead of second place UMass (6:21.7).
- Wesleyan collected a third-place finish in the Varsity 4 with a time of 7:28.0, with WPI's 'A' boat taking the win in 7:14.1.
- In the Third Varsity 8, Wesleyan's boat claimed the victory as it crossed the finish line in 6:37.07, just over two seconds ahead of WPI (6:39.27).
- The Cardinals head up to Medford, Mass., to compete against Tufts, Bates, and New Hampshire on Saturday, April 14th.
- Recap by Karl Ortegon '18 -