Apr 14, 2018
MEDFORD, Mass. – Wesleyan University men's crew competed on the Malden River Saturday morning against Bates and Tufts, as the Cardinals' Varsity 8 boat defeated the Jumbos by a six-second margin to highlight the day.
- In the first race Saturday morning, Wesleyan's Varsity 8 squared up against Bates head-to-head. The Bobcats came out on top with a time of 6:11.54 while the Cardinals finished in 6:23.54.
- The second race featured the Second Varsity 8 boats from Bates and Wesleyan, with the Bobcats prevailing once again. Bates finished in 6:25.28 and the Cardinals crossed the finish line in 6:32.37.
- In Race No. 3, Wesleyan's Third Varsity 8 fell to Tufts as the Jumbos edged the Cardinals with a mark of 6:35.26 compared to Wesleyan's 6:37.40.
- The Cardinals picked up their first win of the day in Race No. 11 when they defeated the host school, Tufts, in the Varsity 8. Wesleyan crossed the finish line in 6:07.64, while the Jumbos raced in 6:13.07.
- After a loss to Tufts in the Second Varsity 8, the Cardinals responded in Race No. 13 as their Third Varsity 8 boat defeated the Jumbos' Fourth Varsity 8 by six seconds.
- Wesleyan returns to the water Saturday, April 21 and will compete in a head-to-head matchup against Williams in Pittsfield, Mass.