Apr 13, 2019
MEDFORD, Mass. – The Wesleyan men's crew team competed against Bates, UMASS and Tufts on Saturday morning, as the Varsity 8 and the Second Varsity 8 were both victorious in all of their races.
- In its first race of the day, the Varsity 8 crossed the finish line in 5:59.6 to outlast UMASS (6:04.2) and advance to the final. In the championship, Wesleyan edged NESCAC rival Tufts, clocking in at 5:55.9, just four seconds ahead of the Jumbos.
- The second V8 clocked in at 6:18.2, ahead of UMASS (6:26.4) to advance to the final. The 2V8 triumphed over NESCAC rival Tufts in the championship, crossing the line in 6:16.8, while the Jumbos clocked in at 6:32.6.
- V8 - Bow: Dominik Sobieszek; 2: Harrison Malec; 3: Teddy Kennedy; 4: Jack Sheffer; 5: Brendan Joyce; 6: Ben Lynch; 7: Hayden Galusza; Stroke: Will Humphrey; Coxswain: Theo Simko
- 2V8 - Bow: Shakeel Jessa; 2: Drew Myers; 3: Andrew Martin; 4: Jimmy McShane; 5: Emmett Nunes; 6: Andrew Daggon; 7: Kenny McKee-Proctor; Stroke: Ethan Ching; Coxswain: Daniel Helfman
- The Cardinals will compete for the Little Three title on Saturday in Pittsfield, Mass.