-- Recap by Dominic Vazquez '19 --
MIDDLEBURY, Vt. – The Wesleyan University golf team competed in its second tournament of the fall season this weekend at the 35th Duke Nelson Invitational hosted by Middlebury College at the Ralph Myhre Golf Course. The Cardinals, led by Eli Epstein-Lubow '22, finished 22nd overall.
Williams won the tournament with a score of 584, with Trinity (588) and New York University (590) rounding out the top three finishers. Sam Goldenring of Williams carded the lowest overall score with a 69 on the first day and a 70 on the second day for a 139 overall.
- In his second collegiate invitational, Epstein-Lubow led the Cardinals efforts, carding a 78 on the first day and a 74 on the second to tie for 37th overall.
- Also competing in just his second tournament of his career, Noah Cate '22 carded an 84 on the first day and an 82 on the second for a 93rd-place finish.
- Senior George Blinick carded an 83 on Day 1 and an 87 on Day 2 to finish tied for 98th.
- Rounding out the field for the Cardinals were Elliot Witdorchic '20 and Bryan Chong '21. Witdorchic carded an 85 on the first day and an 88 on the second, while Chong carded a 94 on Day 1 and a 91 on Day 2.
- Next on the schedule for the Cardinals is the two-day Williams Fall Invitational which is set to take place next weekend at the Taconic Golf Club. The tournament begins Saturday, Sept. 22.