Sep 15, 2019
By Gio Ortiz '21
MIDDLETOWN, Conn. – The Wesleyan University men's golf team tee'd up at The Ralph Myhre Golf Course in Middlebury, Vt. this weekend as Jacob Fain led the way for the Cardinals with a 154 (80-74).
- Five Wesleyan golfers shot below 170 at the Duke Nelson Tournament, led by Fain's 154.
- Fain and Noah Cate shot the lowest individual rounds for the Cardinals with a 74 and 75, respectively.
- Jamie Mills had a great turnaround as he shot nine strokes better on day two, registering an 80 on Sunday.
- As a team, Wesleyan shot an 812 (418-394) to finish 22nd in the field of 23 teams.
- Next weekend, the Cardinals travel to Massachusetts for the Williams Fall Invitational. The first round tees off on Saturday, Sept. 21.