Score: Wesleyan 4, Colby 4
Records: Wesleyan (8-4-1, 4-3-1 NESCAC); Colby (6-4-2, 5-3-2 NESCAC)
Location: Waterville, Maine (Alfond Arena)
Date: Saturday, January 14th
Time: 3 p.m.
The Lead: The Wesleyan University men's ice hockey team came back on four different occasions in the game as it tied Colby College 4-4 on the road Saturday afternoon.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Mules opened the scoring with a goal from Kienan Scott at 13:06 in the first period. Scott's fourth goal of the season was assisted by Jack Burton and Michael Rudolf.
- The Cardinals would come back to tie the game in the second period as Quincy Oujevolk '17 scored his second goal at the 3:29 mark in the second period. His goal was assisted by Chad Malinowski '19 and Jordan Jancze '18.
- The home team would regain the lead at 17:46 in the second period on a goal by Mario Benicky which was assisted by J.P. Schuhlen and Thomas Stahlhuth.
- Once again Wesleyan would come back to tie the game as Malinowski was able to convert on the power play at 18:50. His second goal of the year was assisted by James Kline '17 and Walker Harris '20.
- Colby would take the lead once again as Mark Leprine and Kienan Scott would notch assists on the Michael Rudolf goal at 1:08 in the third period.
- Just 49 seconds later at 1:57, Hunter Vannier '20 would tie the game at 3 as he took a pass from Tyler Kobryn '20 and found the back of the net for his second goal of the season.
- Once again the home team would take the lead as Stahlhuth would score his first on the season off passes from Michael Decker and Rudolf at the 17:37 mark in the third.
- The Cardinals would have one final comeback in them as Kobryn would tie the game once again on his second goal of the season at 18:18. Mike Yablong '19 was given an assist on the goal along with Kline.
- The two teams would play an overtime period, but neither could score and the game would end in a 4-4 tie.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Kline, Kobryn, Scott and Stahlhuth each registered two points a piece in the game for their respective teams.
- Dawson Sprigings '17 made 29 saves in net for Wesleyan.
- Andrew Tucci made 22 saves for Colby.
- The Cardinals return to the ice on Friday, January 20th as they will host Connecticut College for a 7 p.m. contest.
- The Mules will next play on Tuesday, January 17th as they will play at Southern Maine at 7 p.m.