Score: Wesleyan 3, Colby 1
Records: Wesleyan (5-4-1, 2-4-0 NESCAC); Colby (3-5-2, 1-3-2 NESCAC)
Location: Waterville, Maine (Colby Soccer Field)
Date: Saturday, October 8th
Time: 1 p.m.
The Lead: Adam Cowie-Haskell's '18 two second half goals helped propel the Wesleyan University men's soccer team to a 3-1 road victory over the Colby College Mules on Saturday afternoon.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Charlie Gruner '17 got the Cardinals on the board early in the game as his goal at 8:48 gave Wesleyan the 1-0 lead.
- The Mules responded at the 24:45 mark as Jansen Aoyama scored to tie the game at 1-1.
- Cowie-Haskell would break the tie, scoring two goals in less than a minute in the second half. His first goal of the half came at 75:47 as he took a pass from Mike Gallo '20, and put it past Colby goaltender Avery Gibson for the 2-1 lead.
- Griffin Godsick '20 would set up Cowie-Haskell for the insurance goal at 76:43, and the Cardinals would go onto claim the 3-1 victory.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Cowie-Haskell's two goals now bring his season total to seven, which is second in the NESCAC. His 16 points this year are also good enough for second in the conference.
- The Cardinals outshot the Mules 22-17 and put 12 shots on goal to Colby's eight.
- Wesleyan also held the edge in corner kicks at 6-5.
- Eric Jasinski '17 earned his first win on the year, making seven saves in the contest.
- Cowie-Haskell and Godsick led the Cardinals with three shots on goal each.
- Wesleyan will be back in action on Tuesday, October 11th, as they will host Wheaton (Mass.) at 4 p.m.
- Colby returns to the field tomorrow as they will host Bowdoin at 1:30 p.m.