MIDDLETOWN, Conn. – The No. 25 Wesleyan University men's squash team kicked its season off with a pair of victories on Saturday, first taking down the Bryant Bulldogs before following it up with a win over the No. 37 Vassar Brewers. In both matches, the Cardinals won 9-0, not dropping a single game in either.
- The Cardinals got their season started with a dominating win, cruising to a 9-0 win, with all the matches being won in their games.
- Freshman Sean Choi made his Wesleyan debut at No. 1 with an 11-6, 11-4, 11-9 victory over Ravi Rao.
- Sophomore Alex Dreyfus had the most one-sided match of the day, dropping only four points in his 11-0, 11-2, 11-2 win over Michael Gough.
- Sophomore Johnny Hayes won the first match against Vassar at No. 8 to get Wesleyan out on the right foot, topping Andrew Solander 11-4, 11-1, 11-3.
- Sophomore Will Bienstock got out to a big lead and never looked back at No. 3 against Caden Gruber, winning 11-1, 11-3, 11-5.
- Junior Kevin Le was nearly perfect in his first two games, notching his second win of the day with an 11-1, 11-0, 11-5 win at No. 6 over Milind Joshi.
- After the Thanksgiving holiday, the Cardinals will welcome in NESCAC rivals Tufts and Colby for the Wesleyan Round Robin on December 2nd.