By Ben Shapiro
MIDDLETOWN, Conn.— Little Three rivals Amherst College and Williams College both defeated the Wesleyan University men's squash team on Saturday at the Rosenbaum Squash Center, bringing the 31st-ranked Cardinals' record to 4-12. The day began with No. 23 Amherst topping Wesleyan, 7-2, with Sean Choi '21 and Kevin Le '19 winning matches for the Cardinals. No. 19 Williams then defeated Amherst before finishing the day with an 8-1 win over the hosting Cardinals.
AMHERST MATCH HIGHLIGHTS:
- Le was sharp in a four-game win at No. 7, hitting with excellent length and executing well on drops to take down Chris Zimmerman, 12-10, 8-11, 11-7, 12-10.
- Choi was efficient and employed an effective game plan to win over Terrence Wang at No. 1 by scores of 11-9, 11-8, 11-9.
WILLIAMS MATCH HIGHLIGHTS:
- Choi was the only winner for Wesleyan against the Ephs, topping Carl Shuck at No. 1 by marks of 11-9, 11-6, 5-11, 9-11, 11-6.
- Junior Yahya Ladiwala and sophomore Will Bienstock both lengthened their matches to four games before falling. Ladiwala took a game off of Will Means at No. 2 and Bienstock pushed David Pincus to four at No. 3.
- Wesleyan will wrap up its home schedule tomorrow when it hosts the Naval Academy at 11 a.m. Navy comes into the match with a 13-6 record and a No. 16 ranking. The match is the final competition for Wesleyan before the NESCAC Championships next weekend at Hamilton.