MIDDLETOWN, Conn. – The 31st-ranked Cardinals' men's squash team split its doubleheader on the final day of the Wesleyan Round Robin on Sunday afternoon. After falling to No. 19 Dickinson in their first match of the day, 9-0, they responded nicely with a 9-0 sweep over No. 33 Bard for their first win of the season. Wesleyan is now 1-4 overall on the year.
- In the first match of the day against Dickinson, Peter DeLalio and Robby Greenspan were the lone Cardinals to win a set.
- DeLalio competed in the No. 5 spot and lost 11-9, 11-6, 11-13, 11-3, and Greenspan lost in the No. 9 position by scores of 11-1, 11-8, 6-11, 11-9.
- In Wesleyan's second match of the day, the Cardinals swept courts No. 4-9 against Bard. Andrew Doucette posted the most impressive performance as he did not give up a point all match, winning 11-0, 11-0, 11-0 in the No. 5 spot.
- At the top of the lineup, Yahya Ladiwala claimed the top spot by a score of 8-11, 11-5, 11-3, 14-12. Josh Lane won a five-set thriller in the No. 2 position (12-14, 12-10, 9-11, 11-8, 11-7), and DeLalio won the No. 3 spot in four sets (11-6, 7-11, 11-4, 11-9).
- Wesleyan is back in action on Friday, Dec. 7 and will play at Connecticut College. The match is scheduled for 6:30 p.m.