MIDDLETOWN, Conn. - In its first match of the Pioneer Valley Invitational, the 31st-ranked Wesleyan University men's squash team upset 28th-ranked Haverford College , 7-2. With the win, the Cardinals handed the Fords their first loss of the season, snapping their seven-match win streak. Wesleyan is now 2-8 on the year while Haverofrd dropped to 7-1.
- Sean Choi claimed the No. 1 spot in three-sets as he defeated Davis Chase by scores of 11-6, 11-2, 11-7.
- Wesleyan also won at No.4 through No. 9, sweeping the No. 4, 5, 7, and 9 spots.
- Kevin Le excelled in the No. 5 spot as he allowed just 12 points, winning by marks of 11-5, 11-1, 11-6 over Yash Singh.
- In the No. 6 position, Alex Dreyfus claimed a thriller as he defeated Ryan Dukarm in five sets. Dreyfus won by scores of 16-14, 11-7, 8-11, 6-11, 12-10.
- Wesleyan is back in action tomorrow and will face MIT at Mount Holyoke beginning at 9:30 a.m. Due to the impending storm, Sunday's match against Hamilton has been cancelled so tomorrow will be the final day of the Pioneer Valley Invitational.