MIDDLETOWN, Conn. – The No. 31 Wesleyan University men's squash team competed against No. 21 MIT on Saturday morning in the Pioneer Valley Invitational at Mount Holyoke and lost 9-0.
With the loss, the Cardinals fall to 2-9 on the season while the Engineers improved to 11-3.
- MIT swept all No. 9 matches on the day.
- In the No. 1 spot, Sean Choi fell to Aman Sanger by scores of 11-6, 11-5, 11-6.
- Yahya Ladiwala competed in the No. 2 position and fell short against Henry Martin, 11-5, 11-7, 11-7.
- In the No. 3 spot, Josh Lane scored eight points in the first set but was defeated by Vedaant Kukadia 11-1, 11-3 in the next two.
- With tomorrow's match cancelled due to the impending storm, Wesleyan will return to action on Saturday, Jan. 26 for the Little Three Championship at Williams. The Cardinals will face the Ephs at 11 a.m. followed by Amherst at 1 p.m.