Score: Amherst 168, Wesleyan 108
Records: Wesleyan (0-2), Amherst (2-0)
Location: Middletown, Conn. (Wesleyan Natatorium)
Date: Monday, November 21, 2016
Time: 5 p.m.
The Lead: The Wesleyan University men's swimming and diving team captured four event victories, but fell to Little Three Rival Amherst College, 168-108 on Monday night.
- Ali Pourmaleki '18 continued his early success in the pool, capturing the 200-yard freestyle event with a time of 1:46.99. Freshman Quinn Tucker came in second with a mark of 1:47.94. Pourmaleki also captured a second place finish in the 50-yard butterfly event with a mark of 24.52.
- Juniors Spencer Tang, Max Distler and Robbie Webster finished 3-5 in the 100-yard butterfly, and sophomore Max Wimer came in sixth in the event.
- Tucker won the 500-yard freestyle event with a time of 4:54.08, and he also captured a second place finish in the 50-yard free event, touching the wall with a time of 22.40.
- Tang touched the wall first in the 100-yard I.M. with a time of 55.68 and he finished the 100-yard backstroke event in 53.62, which was good enough for second place.
- Junior Aidan Winn notched a third place finish in the 500-yard freestyle event with a time of 4:55.28.
- The 400-yard relay team of Nate Courville '17, Andrew Gartley '17, Andrew Schwartz '20 and Eren Kiris '19 won their race with a mark of 3:29.03.
- The Cardinals will return to the pool on Saturday, December 3rd as they will host the Connecticut Cup meet at 10 a.m.
- The Purple and White are also back in action on Saturday, December 3rd as they will take on Middlebury at 1 p.m.