Score: Fourth Place (308 points)
Location: Middletown, Conn. (Wesleyan Natatorium)
Date: Saturday, December 3rd
Time: 10 a.m.
The Lead: The Wesleyan University men's swimming and diving team notched a fourth place finish at the Connecticut Cup, which was held at the Wesleyan Natatorium, The U.S. Coast Guard won the event, followed by Conn. College in second and Trinity in third.
- Spencer Tang '18 came out victorious in the 200-yard backstroke as he touched the wall with a time of 1:58.02. He also claimed second place in the 100-yard backstroke event with a mark of 54.37.
- Freshman Quinn Tucker finished the 100-yard free event with a time of 48.37 which was good enough for third place.
- Ali Pourmaleki '18 notched a fourth place finish in the 200-yard butterfly event as he touched the wall with a time of 1:57.76. He also earned himself a fifth place finish in the 1650-yard freestyle event with a time of 17:19.88. Peter Patapis '17 finished right behind Pourmaleki in sixth with a mark of 17:40.87.
- The 200-yard freestyle relay team made up of Quinn, Tang, Pourmaleki and Robbie Webster '18 came in fourth with a time of 1:29.40.
- The Cardinals are back in the pool on Saturday, December 10th as they will host Tufts, Williams and WPI at beginning at 1 p.m.