Results: Wesleyan 69, WPI 247; Wesleyan 58, Williams 254; Wesleyan 74, Tufts 238
Location: Middletown, Conn. (Wesleyan Natatorium)
Date: Saturday, December 10th
Time: 1 p.m.
The Lead: The Wesleyan University men's swimming and diving team put together strong finishes throughout the day as they hosted Tufts, Williams and WPI on Saturday afternoon at the Wesleyan Natatorium.
- Aidan Winn '18 came in seventh in the 500-yard freestyle event with a time of 4:54.24 and he completed the 200-yard free event in 1:48.54 which was good enough for tenth overall.
- Quinn Tucker '20 completed the 50-yard freestyle in 22.32 which was good enough for tenth overall. He also earned a seventh place finish in the 200-yard freestyle with a time of 1:47.45 and a seventh place finish in the 100-yard free event with a mark of 48:81.
- In the 100-yard butterfly, junior Spencer Tang came in ninth with a mark of 52.73 while classmate Ali Pourmaleki came in 11th with a time of 52.73. Tang also earned a seventh place finish in the 200-yardbackstroke event with a mark of 1:58.19.
- Pourmaleki earned a third place finish in the 100-yard backstroke event as he touched the wall with a time of 53.50. He also finished third in the 200-yard butterfly with a mark of 1:56.35.
- Max Distler '18 finished the 200-yard butterfly in 2:01.32 to finish ninth.
- The 400-yard freestyle relay team of Tucker, Pourmaleki, Winn and Tang earned a seventh place finish with their time of 3:15.63.
- Ethan Chupp '18 finished third in the 3-meter diving event with a score of 219.25 and fifth in the 1-meter with a score of 212.65.
- The Cardinals wrapped up the 2016 portion of their schedule and will return to the pool on Monday, January 2nd as they will host NESCAC foe Hamilton College at 3 p.m.