Score: Hamilton 165, Wesleyan 129
Location: Middletown, Conn. (Wesleyan Natatorium)
Date: Monday, January 2nd
Time: 3 p.m.
The Lead: The Wesleyan University men's swimming and diving team lost a tough NESCAC meet against Hamilton College on Monday afternoon, 165-129. The Cardinals were led by Spencer Tang '18, Ali Pourmaleki '18 and Quinn Tucker '20 who won two events each.
- The 400-yard medley relay team of Tang, Pourmaleki, Tucker and Zach Carfi '17 claimed first place in the event with their time of 3:38.84.
- Wesleyan's 400-yard freestyle relay team earned themselves a first place finish with their mark of 3:16.39. The team was made up of Pourmaleki, Tucker, Tang and Robbie Webster '18.
- Tucker came out victorious in both the 100 and 200-yard freestyle events with times of 48.72 and 1:47.55 respectively.
- Tang won the 400-yard medley relay, touching the wall in 3:38.84, and was also the first to touch the wall in the 50-yard fly event with a time of 24.32. Teammate Eren Kiris '19 finished third in the event with a time of 25.74.
- Pourmaleki earned first place finishes in both the 100-yard fly and 100-yard back events. He won the fly event with a time 53.12 and the backstroke with a mark of 53.43.
- Carfi earned a third place finish in the 50-yard breast with a time of 30.93 and his time of 1:06.42 was good enough for third in the 100-yard breast event.
- Max Distler '18 earned a third place finish in the 200-yard I.M. with a mark of 2:07.48 while Peter Patapis '18 also notched a third place finish in the 500-yard free with a time of 5:03.43.
- Ethan Chupp '18 won the 3-meter event with a score of 198.46 and he finished second in the 1-meter event with a mark of 222.29.
- The Cardinals will return to the pool on Saturday, January 14th as they will take on Roger Williams University at 1 p.m.