Score: Roger Williams 149, Wesleyan 139
Location: Bristol, R.I. (Aquatics Center)
Date: Saturday, January 14th
Time: 1 p.m.
The Lead: In a meet that came down to the last relay event, the Wesleyan University men's swimming and diving team were edged out by Roger Williams by a score of 149-139 on Saturday afternoon.
- Aidan Winn '18 claimed first place in both the 500 and 1,000 free events. Winn came from behind to win the 500 with a time of 4:58.03, and captured first in the 1,000 with a mark of 10:20.37. Teammate Peter Patapis '18 finished second to Winn in the 1,000 event with a time of 10:27.58.
- Quinn Tucker '20 also came from behind to win the 200 freestyle in 1:45.87 which is his best time of the season so far.
- Spencer Tang '18 captured first place in both the 100 backstroke event and the 100 butterfly event with times of 55.26 and 54.54 respectively.
- Ali Pourmaleki '18 came back to win the 200m backstroke event with his best ever time of 1:56.20. He also came out victorious in the 200m fly with a time of 1:58.77. Max Distler '18 finished second in the event with a time of 2:03.11.
- Ethan Chupp '18 won both the 1 and 3 meter diving events with scores of 239.61 and 217.28 respectively.
- The Cardinals return to the pool on Friday, January 20th for day one of a two-day meet at Bowdoin College. Bowdoin, Colby and Trinity will all be participating in the meet. Friday's contest is scheduled to begin at 6 p.m.