Location: Brunswick, Maine (LeRoy Greason Pool)
Date: January 20-21
The Lead: The Wesleyan University men's swimming and diving team took part in a quad-team meet featuring NESCAC foes Bowdoin, Colby and Trinity.
- Alan Huh '20 finished seventh in the 50-yard breast event with a time of 29.76.
- Spencer Tang '18 finished the 50-yard fly event in sixth with a mark of 24.72, and he finished third in the 100-yard fly with a time of 53.74. He also finished second in the 200-yard back with a time of 1:59.52 and second in the 200-yard back with a time of 1:59.52.
- In the 500-yard free event, Ali Pourmaleki '18 touched the wall in 4:49.03 which was good enough for second place. He also came out on top in the 200-yard fly event with a time of 1:57.66.
- Alex Kapphahn '19 finished the 100-yard IM in 54.08 which put him third overall in the event. He also finished third in the 100-yard free event with a time of 56.31.
- In the 50-yard free, Quinn Tucker '20 finished seventh with a time of 22.74.
- The 200-yard medley relay team of Tang, Kapphahn, Pourmaleki and Tucker finished fourth with a time of 1:39.80. The team also finished third in the 200-yard freestyle relay with a time of 1:28.45.
- Peter Patapis '18 finished the 1,000-yard free event in sixth with a time of 10:24.16.
- The 200-yard free event saw Pourmaleki and Tucker finish second and third with times of 1:45.82 and 1:46.93 respectively.
- Ethan Chupp '18 finished second in the 3-meter diving event with a score of 227.05 and fourth in the 1-meter event with a score of 211.70.
- The Cardinals will return to the pool on Friday, January 27th as they will host Connecticut College and Fairfield University for a 6:30 p.m. meet.