Score: Wesleyan 169.00, Fairfield 118.00 / Connecticut College 199.00, Wesleyan 80.00
Location: Middletown, Conn. (Wesleyan Natatorium)
Date: Friday, January 27th
Time: 6:30 p.m.
The Lead: The Wesleyan University men's swimming and diving team picked up its first dual meet victory of the season over Division I Fairfield University, but fell to NESCAC foe Connecticut College Friday night.
- The 200-yard medley team of Alex Kapphahn '19, Alan Huh '20, Spencer Tang '18 and Quinn Tucker '20 notched a third place finish with their time of 1:39.68. The 200-free team also earned a second place finish with their time of 1:27.88. That team is made up of Ali Pourmaleki '18, Kapphahn, Tang and Tucker.
- Pourmaleki finished the 1,000-yard free event in 10:00.13 which was good enough for second place in the event and also notched a second place finish in the 500-yard free with a time of 4:50.79.
- Kapphahn finished the 50-yard back event in third with a mark of 25.05 and also claimed third in the 100-yard back with a time of 55.15.
- Tang completed the 100-yard fly event in 53.01 which was good enough for second.
- Tucker finished second in the 50-yard free with a mark of 22.24 and also finished second in the 100-yard free with a time of 48.50.
- Ethan Chupp '18 won the 3-meter diving event with a score of 232.95 and the 1-meter event with a score of 233.62.
- The Cardinals are right back in the pool tomorrow as they will host the U.S. Coast Guard Academy at 1 p.m.