Score: U.S. Coast Guard Academy 167, Wesleyan 111
Location: Middletown, Conn. (Wesleyan Natatorium)
Date: Saturday, January 28th
Time: 1 p.m.
The Lead: The Wesleyan University men's swimming and diving team fell to the U.S. Coast Guard Academy by a score of 167-111.
- Ali Pourmaleki '18, Zach Carfi '17, Spencer Tang '18 and Quinn Tucker '20 came out with a second place finish in the 400-yard medley relay event as they touched the wall in 3:40.45.
- Tucker continued his excellent swimming in his first season as he notched a second place finish in the 200-yard free event with a time of 1:47.02. He was able to come out with the win in the 100-yard free event with a time of 48.75.
- Tang came out with the win in the 100-yard back event as he touched the wall in 54.23 and came in second in the 200-yard event with a time of 2:00.92.
- Pourmaleki also earned a first place finish in the 200-yard fly with a time of 1:57.04 as well as in the 200-yard back with a time of 1:56.58.
- Alex Kapphahn '19 came out of the 50-yard free with a second place finish as he touched the wall with a time of 22.21, but earned a win in the 100-yard fly with his time of 52.66.
- Pourmaleki, Tucker, Kapphahn and Tang earned the win in the 400-yard free relay with their time of 3:11.30.
- Senior Andrew Gartley's time in the 100m free event (50.12) was the best of his career.
- Ethan Chupp '18 won both the 1 and 3 meter diving events. He scored a 260.32 in the 3-meter event and a 255.07 in the 1-meter event.
- The Cardinals will have some time off before they will host the NESCAC Championships from Friday, Feb. 17- Sunday, Feb. 19. Events will begin at 10 a.m. each day.