MIDDLETOWN, Conn. – After spending last week in Florida for a training trip, the Wesleyan men's swimming and diving team was back in action today. The Cardinals fell to Roger Williams and Springfield by scores of 227-57 and 218-71, respectively.
- Jared Christopher placed second in the 1,000-yard freestyle, clocking in at 10:19.77, while placing fourth in the 500-yard freestyle with a time of 5:04.65. Christopher also earned a fifth-place nod in the 200-yard IM with a time of 2:15.21.
- Jeffrey Haegelin earned third place honors in the 200-yard butterfly with a time of 2:05.11, while also placing third in the 100-yard butterfly (55.59).
- Max Wimer completed the 200-yard freestyle in 1:53.27, which was good for fifth place. Wimer placed sixth in the 100-yard freestyle with a time of 52.11.
- Qiyuan Zheng placed fifth in the 200-yard breaststroke with a time of 2:27.74, and sixth in the 200-yard IM (2:21.43).
- In the 200-yard backstroke, Phon Leeswadtrakul came in sixth place with a time of 2:14.08.
- The 200-yard freestyle relay team (Haegelin, Eren Kiris, Garrett Kaufmann and Leeswadtrakul) placed fifth with a time of 1:33.70.
- Wesleyan will head to Colby on Saturday for a 2:30 p.m. start, before traveling to Bowdoin on Sunday for an 11:00 a.m. start.