Jan 26, 2019
WATERVILLE, Maine – The Wesleyan men's swimming and diving team fell to Colby 163-107 on Saturday afternoon during a dual meet.
- Wesleyan's Jared Christopher, Max Wimer, and Andrew Schwartz earned first, second and third place finishes, respectively, in the 500-yard freestyle. Christopher clocked in at 5:01.89, while Wimer was just behind with 5:20.30 and Schwartz followed up with 5:32.87.
- Christopher also earned first-place honors in the 100-yard IM with a time of 1:00.79.
- In the 50-yard butterfly, Nick Moran earned a first-place finish with a time of 24.88, while Jeff Haegelin came in second with a time of 25.30.
- Off the 1-meter board, Charlie Vogel came in first-place with a mark of 106.45, while Joel Groves earned second-place with a mark of 94.30.
- The 400-yard medley relay team composed of Phon Leewadtrakul, Alan Huh, Nick Moran, and Haegelin came in fourth place with a time of 3:57.03.
- Moran earned second place in the 100-yard butterfly with a time of 56.49.
- Haegelin earned a third-place finish in the 200-yard freestyle with a time of 1:53.76.
- Eren Kiris (27.67), Wimer (28.33) and Leewadtrakul (29.01) placed second, fourth and fifth, respectively.
- Leewadtrakul recorded a fourth-place finish in the 100-yard backstroke with a time of 1:01.67.
- Huh and Qiyuan competed in the 50-yard breaststroke, placing third and fifth, respectively, with times of 29.65 and 31.05.
- Julian DeMann and Isaac Thorman crossed the finish line fourth and fifth, respectively, in both the 50-yard freestyle and the 100-yard freestyle. DeMann clocked in at 24.96 and 55.40, while Thorman recorded times of 25.64 and 57.52.
- Off the 3-meter board, Groves earned a second-place finish with a mark of 141.60, while Vogel came in fourth with a mark of 85.70.
- Huh clocked in at 1:04.72 in the 100-yard breaststroke, which was good for fourth place, while Zheng came in fifth with a time of 1:08.22.
- The three of the 200-yard freestyle relay teams earned first, second and third place.
- Wesleyan will travel to Bowdoin on Sunday for an 11:00 a.m. start.