Jan 27, 2019
BRUNSWICK, Maine – The Wesleyan men's swimming and diving team fell to Bowdoin 230-63 on Sunday afternoon during a dual meet.
- Runner-up finishes came from Jared Christopher in the 1000-yard free (10:13.29), Andrew Schwartz in the 100-yard free (52.45), and Jeff Haegelin in the 500-yard free (5:10.79).
- The 400-yard freestyle relay team (Nick Moran, Haegelin, Max Wimer and Phon Leewadtrakul) came in second place, clocking in at 3:26.26.
- Wesleyan's 200-yard medley relay team composed of Eren Kiris, Moran, Alan Huh, and Haegelin came in third place with a time of 1:44.99.
- Other third-place efforts came from Moran in the 200-yard free (1:52.23) and the 100-yard butterfly (56.66), Kiris in the 100-yard back (59.90), Haegelin in the 200-yard butterfly (2:03.81) and Huh in the 200-yard breast (2:25.73).
- Off the 1-meter board, Charlie Vogel recorded 133.50 points, which was good for fifth place, while Joel Groves earned sixth with 106.42 points.
- Groves earned 146.17 points off the 3-meter board, which was good for fifth-place, while Vogel came in sixth (97.50 points).
- Wesleyan returns to action on Friday, February 1st with a home meet against Coast Guard, Connecticut College and Fairfield. The meet is scheduled to begin at 6:30 p.m.