MIDDLEBURY, Vt. – The Wesleyan men's swimming and diving team had six Cardinals record personal-best marks on the second day of the 2019 NESCAC Men's Swimming & Diving Championship on the campus of Middlebury College. Williams leads the way with 767 points, while Tufts (710) and Amherst (627) round out the top three. Wesleyan is back in action on Saturday with preliminary heats beginning at 10 a.m.
- Nicolas Moran made it into the pre-consolation final in the evening session, touching the wall in 23.94.
- The 200-yard freestyle relay (Eren Kiris, Max Wimer, Garrett Kaufmann and Andrew Schwartz) earned clocked in at 1:30.88, earning 11th place.
- Alan Huh recorded a personal best in the 50-yard breaststroke with a time of 29.65.
- In the 50-yard butterfly, Jeffrey Haegelin touched the wall in 25.26, placing 32nd in the prelims. Haegelin also recorded a personal best time in the 200-yard butterfly with a time of 1:59.39.
- Schwartz clocked in at 26.85 in the 50-yard butterfly, recording a personal best mark.
- Jared Christopher touched the wall in 5:01.46 in the 500-yard free, earning a 39th finish.
- Julian DeMann and Joel Groves tied their personal best time in the 50-yard free, clocking in at 24.80 and 25.62, respectively.
- Groves recorded 197.10 points off the 1-meter board.
- During the 100-yard butterfly time trial, Evan Sullivan recorded a personal best time, touching the wall in 58.32.
- The 400-yard medley relay composed of Kiris, Huh, Moran and Haegelin clocked in at 3:49.28 which was good for 11th place.
<< 2019 Digital Program >>
A live webcast will be available at NESCAC.com and on Roku, AppleTV, and Amazon Fire (search NESCAC Network). Results from the NESCAC Women's Swimming and Diving Championships will be available throughout the weekend at NESCAC.com and via the NESCAC Twitter account (@NESCAC).