WILLIAMSTOWN, Mass. – The Wesleyan men's swimming and diving team opened the 2019-20 season with a quad meet hosted by Williams on Saturday. The Cardinals competed against No. 11 Williams, No. 12 Tufts and WPI. The meet was highlighted by a first-place finish from rookie Eric Tran in the 200-yard butterfly. Tran bested all athletes with a time of 1:57.52. The Cardinals' first-year competitors excelled as the group saw six top-10 finishes.
- Jeremy Kim opened his Wesleyan career with a fourth-place finish in the 200-yard breast, clocking in at 2:19.28. He also placed eighth in the 100-yard breaststroke (1:02.12) and 10th in the 50-yard breaststroke (28.37).
- The rookie 200-yard freestyle relay team (Kim, Tran, Richard Ettinger and Mason Polaner) finished seventh overall with a time of 1:30.93.
- Ettinger raced to a ninth-place finish in the 50-yard backstroke with a time of 25.55, while he finished 11th in the 100-yard butterfly (54.37).
- Jacob Lafferty and Mason Johnson were neck and neck in the 400-yard IM, clocking in at 4:33.86 and 4:35.86, respectfully.
- Jeffrey Haegelin placed eighth in the 200-yard butterfly with a time of 2:02.77.
- The Cardinals travel to Bates on Saturday. The diving will start at 10:00 a.m., while the swimming events will begin at noon.