CLINTON, N.Y. – The 11th-ranked Wesleyan University men's tennis team cruised to a 9-0 sweep Saturday morning in NESCAC action against Hamilton College at Hamilton's Gray Tennis Court.
Wesleyan: 7-5, 3-3 NESCAC
Hamilton: 5-9, 0-4 NESCAC
- In doubles action, the duo of Zach Brint '16 and Greg Lyon '17 defeated Ian Antonoff and Lars Scannell in the No. 1 spot, 8-1.
- In No. 2 doubles, Michael Liu '17 and Steven Chen '18 earned an 8-3 win over Max McKee-Proctor and Austin Lokre.
- Wesleyan completed the 3-0 doubles sweep with an 8-4 win in the No. 3 position as Joachim Samson '19 and Sam Rudovsky '16 defeated Alex Streich and Jon Cohen.
- Wesleyan cruised past its opponents in the top of the lineup.
- In No. 1 singles, Liu won 6-0, 6-2 over McKee-Proctor.
- Chen defeated Antonoff 6-0, 6-0 in No. 2 singles, and Tiago Eusebio '18 swept Cohen 6-0, 6-0 in the No. 3 position.
- No. 4 singles featured wins of 6-1, 6-1 by Samson over Devin White.
- Cameron Daniels '18 claimed a victory in No. 5 singles against Burke Paxton by scores of 6-0, 6-1.
- In the No. 6 spot, Jake Roberts '17 defeated Matthew Haas, 6-0, 6-3.
- Wesleyan returns to the courts tomorrow, April 17 and will play at No.14 Amherst. The match is scheduled to start at 11 a.m.
- The Continentals play later today against Le Moyne, which is scheduled to start at 4 p.m.