Posted: Mar 10, 2019
ORLANDO, Fla. – The ninth-ranked Wesleyan men's tennis team won its first dual match of the 2018-19 season today as the Cardinals opened their spring schedule in Florida. Wesleyan defeated No. 13 Kenyon College, 5-3.
- The Cardinals led 2-1 after doubles action and sealed the victory with a 3-2 advantage in singles. The No. 1 singles match, featuring Andrew Finkelman, went three sets but went unfinished as Finkelman held a 2-0 lead in the final frame.
- In doubles, Adrian Roji and Noah Lilienthal won 8-2 in the top spot and Princeton Carter and Zach Fleischman claimed an 8-5 victory in the No. 2 position.
- Lilienthal and Carter each won their singles match, while Zach Lieb earned a victory in the No. 6 slot.
- Lilienthal won No. 4 singles convincingly, 6-0, 6-1, and Lieb cruised to wins of 6-2, 6-1. In No. 5 singles, Carter prevailed in three sets. After taking the first, 6-3, he dropped the second, 6-2. In the third and final set, he won 7-5 to seal the victory.
- Wesleyan is back in action tomorrow, March 11 and will face No. 17 Trinity University (Texas) at 11:30 a.m.