Posted: Mar 15, 2019
ORLANDO, Fla. – The ninth-ranked Wesleyan men's tennis team wrapped up its Spring Break trip with an 8-1 victory over Ithaca to finish a perfect 5-0 in Florida. With the loss, the Bombers dropped to 1-6 overall.
- Wesleyan swept doubles action to take a 3-0 lead.
- Each duo won their match by a score of 8-2, as Adrian Roji and Noah Lilienthal claimed No. 1 doubles, Andrew Finkelman and Zach Fleischman won No. 2 doubles, and Marcus Sweeney and Jonathan Holtzman took the No. 3 spot.
- In singles, the Cardinals won the top five positions.
- Peter Anker earned wins of 6-1, 6-3 in the No. 1 spot, Ali Mooraj cruised to wins of 6-1, 6-0 in the No. 3 position, Fleischman won easily by scores of 6-0, 6-3 in No. 4 singles, and Holtzman won 6-3, 6-2 in the No. 5 position.
- Zach Lieb and Sam McGrath played to a three-set thriller in No. 2 singles, with Lieb prevailing by scores of 6-2, 6-7 (5), 10-4.
- Wesleyan returns home and will host Claremont-Mudd-Scripps on Wednesday, March 20 at 10 a.m.