CAMBRIDGE, Mass. - The majority of the Wesleyan University men's indoor track and field team competed at the MIT Invitational Saturday, while a few others competed at the David Hemery Valentine Invitational hosted by Boston University.
No team scores were kept.
- Drew Trotman '18 claimed 10th overall in the 200-meter dash with a time of 24.19.
- In the 400m dash, Albert Fang '18 claimed second with a mark of 53.14.
- Colin Mahoney '18 finished in second place in the 600m run with a time of 1:28.80.
- The Cardinals grabbed fifth and sixth place in the one mile run as Shota Nakamura '19 crossed the line in 4:35.23, and classmate Connor Cobb finished shortly after in 4:46.37.
- In field events, freshman Andrew McCracken took home 13th place in the pole vault event, clearing 4.10m, while Jessy Gonzales-Carrasco '18 came in 15th clearing 3.95m.
- Wesley Layug '17 took 14th in the triple jump with a score of 12.00m.
DAVID HEMERY INVITE HIGHLIGHTS
- In addition to the MIT Invitational, several runners also competed at the David Hemery Invite.
- Will Dudek '17 highlighted the day for the Cardinals as he shattered the Wesleyan indoor mile record at the meet with a time of 4:11.31, surpassing the old mark of 4:15.0 held by Jeff Messier and Austin Contant.
- The Cardinals return to action on Friday, Feb. 19 as they compete in the New England D3 Championship at MIT.