Event: Tufts Stampede Invitational
Location: Medford, Mass. (Gantcher Center)
Date: Saturday, 28th
The Lead: The Wesleyan University men's track and field team put together solid performances as they competed at the Tufts Stampede.
- Conner Sexton '20 finished the 3,000 meter run in 8:46.32 which was good enough for seventh place overall, and knocked 13 seconds off his previous personal best time in the event.
- Frank McField '20 finished sixth in the 200-meter dash with a time of 23.26.
- Colin Mahoney '18 completed the 800-meter run in 2:03.01 which was good enough for seventh place.
- In the mile, Shota Nakamura '19 finished fourth with a personal best time of 4:25.96 while Grant Van Inwegen '20 finished sixth with a time of 4:27.32, which was also a personal best.
- Reid Hawkins '17 completed the 5,000 meter run in 15:31.16 which was good enough for fourth place. Connor Cobb '18 came in tenth with a time of 15:59.73.
- Andrew McCracken '19 took home sixth place in the pole vault with a score of 3.95m.
- Wesley Layug '17 earned a seventh place finish in the triple jump with a mark of 12.22m.
- The Cardinals are back on the track Saturday, February 4th as they will host the Wesleyan Invitational at Bacon Field House. Events are scheduled to begin at 10 a.m.