Score: Individual Results
Location: Middletown, Conn. (Bacon Field House)
Invitational: Wesleyan Spring Classic
Date: Saturday, March 25th
The Lead: The Wesleyan University men's track & field team put together a solid overall performance in its first meet of the outdoor season as it hosted the Wesleyan Spring Classic on Saturday morning.
- The Cardinals controlled the 1,500-meter run, claiming six of the top ten spots. Kevin McMorrow '20 finished second with a time of 4:07.65 while classmate Grant Van Inwegen finished right behind him in third with a mark of 4:08.07. Joshua Signore '18 (4:12.70), Bill Bajohr '20 (4:13.28), Adam Linksy '20 (4:13.89), and Shota Nakamura '19 (4:15.61) finished in spots 6-9 for Wesleyan.
- Kyle Shin '20 and Frank McField '20 finished the 100-meter dash in sixth and seventh with times of 11.93 and 11.97 respectively.
- Shin finished eighth in the 200-meter dash as he crossed the line in 24.73.
- The 400-meter dash saw Colin Mahoney '18 finish seventh with a time of 55.31.
- In the 3,000-meter run, Noah Langat '20 clocked in with a mark of 9:29.93.
- Jessy Carrasco-Gonzales '18 won the pole vault event with a mark of 4.27m.
- In the long jump, Jack Northrop '20 finished eighth with a jump of 5.92m.
- Ricardo Vazquez '20 finished fourth in the shot put with a throw of 11.44m while Olaniyi Adebayo '19 came in sixth with a mark of 11.32m.
- Vazquez (11.14m), Owen Daly-Smith '19 (11.01m) and Adebayo (9.27m) finished the weight throw event in third-fifth respectively.
- The Cardinals are back on the track Saturday, April 1st as they will participate in the USCGA Invitational.