Score: 7 of 10 teams
Location: Amherst, Mass. (Pratt Field)
Invitational: Amherst Spring Fling
Date: Saturday, April 8th
The Lead: The Wesleyan men's track and field team took to the track for its first true outdoor meet as it competed in the Amherst Spring Fling on Saturday.
- The 4 x 100-meter relay team of Jack Northrop '20, Drew Trotman '18, Kyle Shin '20 and Frank McField '20 finished third with a time od 44.65.
- Grant Van Inwegen '20 and Connor Cobb '18 finished 10th and 11th in the 1,500 meter run with times of 4:05.00 and 4:15.00 respectively.
- Van Inwegen earned a sixth place finish in the 800-meter run as he crossed the line in 1:59.74.
- McField took home third in the 200-meter dash with a time od 23.03.
- Andrew McCracken '19 won the pole vault event, clearing 4.20 meters, while teammate Jessy Carrasco-Gonzales '18 finished in a tie for second with a mark of 3.75m.
- The shot put event saw Ricardo Vazquez '20 earn an eighth place finish with his throw of 11.49m. He also finished sixth in the javelin with a mark of 48.09m.
HEAD COACH WALTER CURRY:
- "Even with high winds and chilly temperatures in the morning, several athletes met qualifying standards for not only the NESCAC Conference meet at the end of April, but also the NE Div. III Championships in May."
- "The good accomplishment from today's meet will strengthen the confidence of those athletes who were able to over come the elements and serve as extra motivation for those who didn't meet their own expectations at this competition."
- The Cardinals are back on the track as they will compete in the Connecticut College Invitational, which will be held from Friday, April 14th - Saturday April 15th.