Feb 03, 2018
MIDDLETOWN, Conn. – The Wesleyan University men's track & field team registered 17 top-seven finishes on Saturday during the Wesleyan Indoor Invitational at the Bacon Field House in Middletown, Conn.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Cardinals reeled off a trio of first-place finishes, as freshman Kyron Roberts placed in the No. 1 slot during the 400-meter run with a time of 51.75. Freshman Delando Clarke grabbed first-place accolades during the long jump with a mark of 6.51.
- Clarke also collected second-place honors during the triple jump (13.31), while tallying a third-place finish in the high jump (1.88).
- During the 1-mile run, sophomores Conner Sexton and Grant van Inwegen placed in the No. 1 and 2 slots, respectively, with times of 4:21.25 and 4:25.97.
- During the pole vault, junior Andrew McCracken was the runner-up with a mark of 4.55, and senior Jessy Carrasco-Gonzalez rounded out the top-five with a 4.10.
- The Cardinals compiled a trio of top-seven efforts during the 3,000m, as sophomore Kevin McMorrow led the way with a second-place performance (8:50.86), and senior Connor Cobb (8:56.51) and sophomore Adam Linsky (9:09.97) were the third- and seventh-place finishers, respectively.
- Sophomore Noah Langat, who hails from Sotik, Kenya, ran an exceptional race during the 5,000m, finishing in the fourth slot with a time of 16:19.28. Senior John Henry Vansant garnered fifth-place recognition in the race, finishing 0.03 seconds behind Langat.
- Wesleyan was impressive during the 4x400m relay, hoisting third-place acknowledgement with a time of 3:32.40, as the group was powered by freshman Kevin DeLoughry, junior George Avrassoglou, Roberts and freshman Jay Carter.
- DeLoughry also showcased his talent in the 600m, finishing in a time of 1:25.43, which was the third-best mark, while senior Colin Mahoney, who grew up in Ashland, Mass., recorded a fifth-place effort during the 800m (2:03.78).
- Junior Olaniyi Adebayo tallied a seventh-place nod during the weight throw (13.47).
- The Cardinals will compete in the FastTrack Invite on Friday (1 p.m.) at the Ocean Breeze Athletic Complex in Staten Island, N.Y.